Monday, September 08, 2008

1st Day of "School"


I know it isn't really school. Actually, I have always had an aversion to calling daycare "school" but I have started referring to it this way to Violet. It wasn't really Vi's 1st day of school but it is her 1st day of care outside of the home. She went to child-care last Thursday for about 2 1/2 hours. Ummm... she was supposed to be there for 3 hours but I got a little antsy. I will leave her there for the full 3 hours this week.

Anara and I dropped Violet off at 9:00am. I drove away feeling like the least credible stay-at-home mom in the world for dropping my 1st born off at childcare. Anara and I went for a 45 minute walk with a friend from church. It was nice to chat and get some exercise. My OB says I need to make this a habit so if you are interested in walking (and live in or near my neighborhood) give me a call. We finished walking and I looked at my watch wondering what to do for the next 2 hours and 15 minutes. Anara and I stopped by my brother's house and hung out for a little while. I let her eat 4 Nutter Butter cookies which is unheard of and Anara was a little amazed by my generosity. After this we came home and hung out for a little while. Anara followed me like a baby chick, which is not normal. She sat on my lap, hugged me, nuzzled me and enjoyed the one on one attention. I know it will be a good thing for us and that it will get easier.

Violet loved daycare. She told me everything they did, "Played weeble wobbles, played family living (I need to ask someone what family living is), played bugs, made crafts, and had a snack." She asked me, "Can you please leave me for a long time next time - like 12 minutes?" She is looking forward to going again and hopefully Anara is looking forward to our time together. Anara would love to go to "school" but for right now we are hanging out.


Anara is excited for her sister's 1st day away

3 comments:

Christina said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks in that first picture! What are you going to do when it's for real?

Lydia said...

Love the pictures!

If you have an aversion to "Day Care" but don't feel right calling it "School" maybe you could call it "Play Time" or something like that. The affect semtanics have on us is weird, isn't it?!

Grandad said...

I looked at that and I thought, that's Mandy. Maybe the grin, something... not sure. sigh