Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bye Bye Nina

Christina left on Sunday for Kenya for two years. She had been staying with us for the past few weeks and there is a noticeable change in the house. It was fun to have a roommate and a husband (best of both worlds) for a few weeks. The amount of cooking, cleaning, laundry, and playing that was accomplished was incredible. It was great being a stay-at-home mom with an endless supply of adult conversation. Oh well - all good things must come to an end.

Violet noticed our tearful goodbye and told me, "Mommy, thanks for letting Nina stay with us for so long. I had so much fun, but I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to give up." We aren't sure where she got this or what it meant but it sure was funny.

If you want to follow Nina's life in Africa she is blogging here.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thanks for this! The time spent with you was invaluable and I sure will miss Vi's funny sayings - keep on posting them!