Tuesday, July 09, 2013

I800A - not quite yet


I wish I could post a clear picture of his sweet, little face but you can kind of see his smile in this pixelated picture.  Our home study took about a month longer than I was hoping it would.  I know this doesn't translate exactly, but it feels like the delay makes Z another month older and the process another month longer.  Yesterday I was getting ready to write a check to immigration to submit our 1800A (requesting permission to adopt an orphan internationally from a Hague convention country) when our adoption agency pointed out an issue with our home study.  We were missing one key signature that would have caused our paperwork to get kicked out of the system.  I am grateful for this catch but it adds another week to the process.  I hate the feeling of lost time when every night I know he is one day older.

I rushed to the main post office yesterday afternoon to find a LONG line of people trying to sneak in before the doors closed for the day.  The kids and I waited and a kind lady behind me helped to entertain the smallest ones.  When I got the counter I had to decide whether to pay $35 for the package to arrive today or $8 for the package to arrive Wednesday.  I chose the $8.00 route and then felt guilty all the way home.  Again, I know it doesn't translate directly because if I could pay the $26 extra dollars knowing that he would come home even 1 day sooner, I would have.  I think I repressed the ups & downs, waiting part of our last adoption process.

No comments: