Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"This is the post that doesn't end...

...yes it goes on and on my friends."

Hopefully this post will compensate for my recent lapse in blogging.

Here is some recent Anara news:

Yesterday Anara ate a cheerio (this is a huge accomplishment because she doesn't mouth food or toys).

Anara will clap when someone mentions, "Pat-a-cake."

She started signing "more" yesterday while I was feeding her. I thought it might be fluke at first, but she did it at least 5 times and even showed Daddy when he came home.

She loves the lapgame "Seesaw" and will rock back and forth if you mention seesaw.

She recognizes "no" or "nyet" (Russian for no), which we usually say to her if she's getting into something she shouldn't be. She usually responds with a startled look like she's busted, and then may work into a whine.

Last week we got 1st Steps services finalized. Anara will meet weekly with a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, a developmental therapist and monthly with a nutritionist. Thankfully they all come to our home so it won't be too taxing on our family.

Overall, Anara is doing pretty well. We are fighting diaper rash, diarrhea, and an infection in her suture. We still need to meet with the orthopaedic surgeon and the surgeon that will be doing her reconstruction. We should have a date for surgery in the next couple weeks.

On to Violet...her are some new quotes:

"Oh, here he is Mama."

"Here what is Violet?"
"My booger...I find him."

"I'm disappointed on you Mama." (This quote was totally random while she was playing with her tea set.)

"I am a little big girl, but you can still hold me."

"I want to give God kisses when I go to heaven."

"Shrek likes me." (This is really a bizarre quote because she is afraid of Shrek and often reminds us that she doesn't like him. I think she might be trying to tell herself that Shrek likes her so she doesn't have to fear him. )

"Can you understand, Mama?"

"I can't understand you, Mama."

"I want some gum to feel better. Yeah, that will help me feel better."

Last week Nate peeked into the living room to spy on the girls. Violet leaned over and gave Anara a kiss (Nate thought "Aw that's nice"), and Violet leaned over and gave Anara another kiss. Then Violet reached over and said, "pinch" while giving Anara a pinch on the arm. Anara didn't respond so Violet tried again, "pinch." Nate stepped in at this point. I think Violet might be struggling with a little passive aggressiveness.

Last night after Nate put Violet to bed he heard her praying over the baby monitor, "God, help me feel better." We have been letting Violet pray at night and then assisting her with the ending. It has been pretty precious. It is sweet to hear her little voice talk to God. She almost always begins, "God help Daddy today, help Mommy today, fix Beenowa's owie."

In general, it seems like we have all been fighting illness since we returned from our trip. The four of us shared a cold a couple weeks ago and right now both girls have GI issues. Violet has a fever and a runny nose. She is getting molars and I would like to believe it is related. I think Anara is teething again too. She feels warm and is drooling more than we have seen her drool.

Okay, here are some photos from the birthday party May 5th.


Family photo

Cousin Noble -1, Violet -2, Anara -1

Birthday Boy

Birthday Girls

Last Sunday at church Anara was dedicated. Violet was also rededicated since we are now attending a different church. It is church tradition to do something called a "rock-in." The youngest baby in the congregation is put in a cradle and rocked. The other babies' names are placed in the cradle and they are prayed for. It was a cute ceremony and the girls received souvenir Bibles with their names engraved. We didn't have enough advanced notice to invite family so it was a small gathering, but our friend Christina did video-tape it. Here is a picture from the dedication.



Last week we went to the zoo twice. My mom bought us a membership last summer and we have definitely gotten her money's worth. Here are some zoo pictures with Meemaw.


No comments: