Tuesday, May 22, 2007

To Blog or Not to Blog

that is the question....

It is hard to decide what to do with a free moment. Right now both of the girls are sleeping (a miracle) and I have a few minutes to myself. The house is quiet. Hopefully the girls are finally on the same nap schedule because it would make my days much more productive.

The past 5 days have been hard. The girls have been sick. They have been difficult, ouchy, and whiny. We still don't know Anara well enough to know what to do for her when she hurts. Yesterday was very difficult emotionally. Anara was obviously experiencing discomfort and she cried most of the day. She cried when I held her and cried when I put her down. I was frustrated and teary. Violet struggled because I was preoccupied with Anara.

Anara didn't have her suture removed last week and the tentative date is now June 8th. Tomorrow we have an appointment with the urologist and orthopaedic surgeon. I should know more about the suture removal and have a possible date for the big surgery. It will be a relief to have something set to look forward to. Anara has had terrible diarrhea and this has caused a severe diaper rash. She grunts for extended periods of time (sometimes an hour) during the day and night and seems so uncomfortable.

On a positive note, Anara learns very quickly and can now sign "thank-you" in addition to "more". She doesn't understand the context, but it is cute to see her do things on demand. It seems our bonding is coming slow, and this illness has not been helpful. I know that in time we will feel like a family, but things are still a little mysterious and tense. June 1st, we are going to go hear a well-known attachment psychiatrist who specializes in institutionalization. There will be a question/answer session and we are looking forward to getting a professional opinion on some of Anara's behaviors and our struggles.

Below are some pictures of our bright spots over the past few days. Also, there is a pretty poor quality video that I took this morning. Violet was singing "Bye-O" to her baby doll and I really felt like Anara was trying to mimick her. I caught the end of their play and you can decide for yourself. Sorry if you have slow internet, the file is huge and took forever to upload.






Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Violet and her friend, Sarah, at the zoo.


Violet modeling her skirt from Jody with accessories.



Anara and Violet modeling their skirts.
Anara playing with the kitchen.

Violet enjoying the pool she got for her birthday.

Violet rocking Po on the porch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so adorable in their skirts! I love it. Thanks for the cute video too! It's evident that she is trying to copy Vi. So smart!

Lydia said...

So how do the girls like being/having a sister? It means always having a playmate, but it also means always having someone with whom you have to share. I hope they're enjoying each others company. There's nothing that can compare to having a sister. I'm lucky enough to get to eat lunch (usually left overs) with Laura at least twice a week and Erica and I go out for lunch about every other Friday. Now that we're older, having sisters means always having someone with whom to share and in whom to confide. It also means always having someone up in your business :) I know because I'm always trying to tell Laura what to do with Owen--just like I did when we were playing house as kids. Maybe when we're old, my sisters and I will go across the country to watch each others' kids just like my mom and Joy are doing today!