Monday, November 16, 2009

Orphans in Kyrgyzstan

Every Christmas season a couple our family became acquainted with during Anara's adoption collects money to purchase and distribute gifts to orphanages in Kyrgyzstan. This year I decided to help.

A single gift for a Kyrgyz orphan is only $5. I hope to raise a minimum of $500. And because this is a pie in the face challenge, if I reach my minimum, I will be the fortunate recipient of a pie to the face. Pictures of the event will even be posted to our blog and Facebook so you can all enjoy watching me take the pie in the face.

If you would like to help, donations can be made at John and Julie Wright's blog or directly to me to be donated through their website. Here is the link to the pie in the face challenge: http://actofkindness.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-for-kids-pie-in-face-challenge.html To donate, click the US Christmas Challenge PayPal button on this site and select "Amanda."

To read more about the Wright's work in Kyrgyzstan, click the blog header on this post.

Feel free to email/call if you have any questions.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas - in service of others instead of ourselves. I encourage everyone to give - besides, who wouldn't want to see Amanda get a pie in the face? :)