Saturday, December 14, 2013

Kapsowar, Kenya: one of the most beautiful places on earth.

I know I went a little heavy on the scenery pics but everything was so 
beautiful that I could hardly help myself. I kept wondering if the Kenyans realized how beautiful their landscape is. 

Cows (maybe not beautiful but quintessential Kapsowar)

The walk to Ednah's (Christina's house-helper and friend). She hosted us for dinner one evening.

A closer view of the same farm. See the mama with the baby on her back?

Nina and Vi with the beautiful scenery
Ednah and family

Ednah's kitchen. This is her oven/stove. She has to rebuild it every 5-7 days. Her home is made from mud and cow dung. The manure helps to make it solid and waterproof.

Ednah's dairy cow

Vi milking the cow


Beautiful Kapsowar scenery 

Boys taking their animals to graze 


I couldn't take enough photos of the patchwork hillsides 

Nina and Vi on our walk down to the river 

Vi and I in front of the river

Nina and Vi picnicking by the river 

Panning for gold 

More cows
Vi asked if the cows had different sized legs to be able to graze on the hills. 








The locals thought it was entertaining to watch the "mzungu" (white folks) climb the hill




So beautiful 




Mowing with a "panga" (machete)

4 comments:

Kibiwott said...

Awesome gallery. I am from the town. I was thinking of developing a website that could help visitors on anything pertaining the area and also to be able to make your recommendations accessible to the people at large, in the area. I will appreciate your feedback.

Unknown said...

Those photos are evoking wanderlust in me. Kenya is a beautiful country.

Unknown said...

Those photos are evoking wanderlust in me. Kenya is a beautiful country.

Children Rights Matter Kenya said...

Almost ten years ago,am from Kapsowar
I love this gallery