Friday, June 22, 2007

"Can me show this to Rachel?"

Saturday we are going to PBS Kids Day and we recently found out that Rachel Coleman from "Signing Time" will be there. Violet loves Rachel and often brings her up in conversation. This will be Violet's 2nd time to see Rachel in person. She has been asking lots of questions about seeing Rachel like, "Can me give Rachel hug? Can me see Alex? Can me take this to Rachel?" And most recently "Can me show this to Rachel?" The last question was asked while we were in the car. I am used to the Rachel questions and usually just say "Yes Violet that is fine," but she kept asking so I looked to see what she wanted to show Rachel. It was this silly face with her cheeks pulled out. I hope Rachel doesn't mind ;)

Yesterday we were at the zoo and a young man walked by dressed in white jeans, shirt, and hat with a scruffy beard. Violet said very loudly, "Mama, is that Jesus?" The guy kind of laughed to himself and kept walking by. I told Violet that he was just a man, but that he might be like Jesus. The next time the man walked by us Violet said, "Not Jesus Mama, just a man." I wonder what he was thinking and whether he had ever been called Jesus before.

Anara's wound is healing, but we still have to pack it to make sure it heals from the bottom to the top. She still has bad diarrhea and we have to clean and pack the wound 7-9 times per day. It will be great when we can just stick a band aid over it instead of having to put gauze inside.

Last night was the best night of sleep I have had in a while. Anara woke up with a fever around 11:30pm and then Violet needed a breathing treatment around 2:30am. Anara still has a little temp. this morning, but she is playing and seems happy. Violet is getting a breathing treatment right now (and watching "Baby Eintein").

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I loved it. Violet is great.

Lydia said...

The girls are just too cute!
I continue to check your blog often for updates.

PEEPER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PEEPER said...

Keith was sitting on my lap when I opened up this page. He saw Violets picture and went "Bleeeeeh!", which I'm assuming is what he thought she was saying!
Hope the PBS kids day was fun, even if it was a little wet!