Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"I don't like Richard Scarry Mama"

Video of Violet feeding Anara - sorry about the size.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

We have been going to the library and picking out books for the summer reading program. I always pick a Richard Scarry book, but I shouldn't have told Vi the author's name because now she won't read them with me. Apparently he should have written under a pseudonym because Violet is fixated on the "scary". She doesn't like "Scarry" books.

Tonight we moved Anara out of our bedroom. She is still sleeping in the pack-and-play, but we put it in the guestroom. We hope that someday she and Violet will share a room, but it doesn't appear that will happen soon. Anara is really sensitive to loud noises, and she lays flat on the ground and hits her head when Vi yells at her. Violet knows this and so she purposely screams at her to make her start hitting herself. One night I thought I would be smart and put them to bed in the same room. Violet screamed and screamed and Anara cried and cried.

Anara is eating more and more solids. She loves Cheerios and Goldfish and will try almost anything as long as Violet is the one putting it in her mouth. She will drink from a sippy, but only if Violet is holding it.

Here are some pictures of Anara playing with the dollhouse. As you can see she is starting to sit. I actually put her in a sit position to see if she would play with the dollhouse, and she only stayed in that position for a few seconds, but it was long enough for me to snap a picture.



Here is a video of Anara saying and signing "More", and I have no idea what Violet is doing in the background but she does say, "That scares Anara Mama?"


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

2 comments:

Joy said...

Dear Violet,
I never realy cared for Richard Scarry either. May I recommend Mercer Mayer's "Little Critter" series. "I Was So Mad" is a personal favorite. You might also like "Just Me and My Baby Sister," "Just Me and My Mom (or Dad, Grandma, Grandpa) or "All By Myself." My kids learned to read by hearing these stories over and over and I think you might like them too.
Aunt Joy Lynne

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Violet, take it from a children's librarian; Richard really isn't that scary! However, if you REALLY don't like him, try "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" (Michael Rosen/Helen Oxenbury), anything by Bill Martin ("Brown Bear, Brown Bear...", "Polar Bear, Polar Bear"..., "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"), or Doreen Cronin ("Bounce" and... some other action verb, can't remember what it is).