Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Camping Follow-up

It was a pretty cold and windy trip to Northern Michigan. It actually snowed a little one night (no accumulation). Thankfully we were in my uncle's pop-up camper and it had a furnace. I did a terrible job photographing our time but thankfully my dad sent me some good pictures. Since I lack the brain power for witty or creative narrative, here are some photos.


1st Mushroom
"Go bye bye" Anara didn't love the woods
Eating our spoils
Refusing to swallow her dinner
Smore picture for Lydia
Don't tell Anara to smile
Keeping warm in the camper

Staying up late enjoying the fire
Taking a bath
Ferry to Mackinac Island - Anara, "Boat scared me"

Violet loved it

The only pathetic picture I took on the Island "Arch Rock"

"That's not a knife. This is a knife."
Violet loved camping, loved the woods, and loved being outside despite the cold and wind. This is very characteristic of her - she is happiest outside. Anara, on the other hand, had a difficult time with the wind and would have liked to remain in her carseat in the car. During the milder times I think she enjoyed herself. Hopefully the next time we go mushroom hunting the weather will be a little warmer.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I've been waiting as patiently as possible for the follow-up and am so excited to see the pictures.

That Smore looks soooo delicious!

Did it feel pioneer-ish? I'm so jealous. I've been tempted to get a tent and outdoor fireplace just for the backyard, but Brad is not at all interested in it...not even a fire ring. Annie is thought and she and I have been reading books about camping.Maybe we'll light a candle and roast a marshmallow.

Can't tell you how happy it makes me to see those jackets on Vi and Anara!

Laura S Scott said...

I'm not one for camping, but that camper looked like it was fun. I think that may have to be the way that I go next time. Maybe Anara would not refuse to eat dinner if were ONLY s'mores. I wouldn't eat those nasty 'shrooms either! Looks like a fun trip!

Gary and Melissa said...

Violet looks very much like some pictures my parents had of Beth Anne at this age, especially the one where she's looking out the window.