Friday, May 16, 2008

And we're off...

...in search of the great morel mushroom. As long as I can remember, my family has made an annual trek to northern MI to find these mushrooms. This year we decided to try "mushroom hunting" with the girls. We are leaving early Saturday morning and will be gone through Wed. The weather looks cool and rainy but we are hoping it won't be too cool or too rainy. I think the girls will enjoy camping but I am not sure how much mushroom hunting they will actually do. I am looking forward to being out of the house and hoping that a camping trip will provide a diversion from the nausea and fatigue.



5 comments:

Lydia said...

are you going to make smores and pizza pudgie pies and cherry pudgie pies? and warm yourself by the bonfire? you are so lucky! eat one of each for me.

Laura S Scott said...

i saw those nasty looking 'shrooms in the grocery tonight. i had to touch them (and squirm a little too.) i'm never a mushroom fan so maybe i can't appreciate the hunt...but it makes me wonder at God's creation of such narly looking things.

Christina said...

More blogs please

Unknown said...

I am waiting too.

Beth said...

Okay I am tired of staring at that mushroom picture. hahaha... Are you back yet, we miss you. :)