Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blog into Book

If you have a blog and you would like to print it for posterity's sake then I recommend Blurb. I used their software to pull the contents of our blog and put it into book format. I started it a long time ago and just finished it last week. When I originally had blurb "slurp" our blog, it didn't pull the comments and I copied and pasted those manually. I also spent quite a while reformatting and picking different photo layouts. I think the most recent software might do a better job and it may not take as much manipulating, but even if it does it was totally worth it. The finished product is a 158 page, hardback book complete with all 397 pictures from the blog. I am pretty excited about it. Oh, and the cost including shipping and handling was $62.00. I think that is dependent on number of pages and layout chosen. You could choose a softbound version for only $36.00. Below are some pictures of our book. If you are interested in previewing the first 15 pages of our book to see what some of the layouts look like, email me and I will send you a book preview invite.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Thanks so much! I've been wanting to make a hard copy of my blog/journal/scrapbook! :) I'm going to try this...I may have questions.

Anonymous said...

This turned out awesome! I can't wait to get mine printed too. :)