Friday, September 05, 2008

Who needs sleep?

Who needs sleep?
well you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
tell me what's that for
Who needs sleep?
be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake
since the Second World War
BNL


If I am not making my 8th trip to the bathroom, catheterizing Anara, or walking off leg cramps then I am just up thinking random thoughts. I am not blogging just to complain but what else is there to do at 1:37am when I am not sleeping (except blog about the fact that I am not sleeping for no good reason)? I have been trying to cut back on my whining about my lack of sleep - especially to Nate who hears it all the time. Maybe my body thinks it needs to prepare now for the newborn time. Oh well.

While I am blogging, here are some recent quotes....

*"Mommy, guess what! Anara likes tomatoes now! I gave her a tomato and she took a bite." This might sound amazing and very convincing except for the fact that they were playing with toy food in the playroom. Violet was so happy she said, "You better call Daddy and tell him that Anara likes tomatoes now."

*Violet - "Anara if you go downstairs then Mommy will give you a spank." Ummm... not sure who Violet thinks she is but that definitely is not the rule.
Anara - "Okay Bilet, I will pay with you."

*Anara - "Can you bite my fingers?"
Violet - "See how sharp my teeth are? I can't bite your fingers or they will come right off."

*Violet - "I splashed Anara in the eyes with the water and Nina told me not to do that 5 times."
Me- "You should have gotten a spank for disobeying Nina."
Violet - "I know, but Nina didn't."

*Violet had been asking all morning to watch TV or play computer. I kept telling her to play with her toys. She just asked again and I said, "Violet go upstairs and play in your playroom." She said, "If I go play in that messy playroom I will step on something and crack my head open - that's what will happen and then you won't have me anymore." Geez!! That is some pretty intense manipulation for a 3 year old. I should have told her to go clean it up but I wasn't really sure how to respond.

"God is God and He can do anything, but He couldn't drink poison."

"I can't believe I have a baby cousin named Joy like Super Why's baby sister."

"Okay, Anara but I am getting a tall, decaf milk and you won't like it."

2 comments:

Beth said...

SOrry about your lack of sleep. That stinks. Carter doesn't like tomatoes (which he always calls potatoes) or olives either, which gets very annoying since I made chili, sphagetti, and goulash this week. He didn't eat much, but like Kate Gosselin says, I AM NOT A BUFFET. :)

Laura S Scott said...

I once overheard a conversation where one guy was telling his friend, "Dude, You're coming with us. You can sleep when your dead." Well, I'm not sure how that works with eternal life, but at least you won't have to worry about sleep in heaven. I know all to well though how sleepless nights stink!