Tuesday, September 22, 2009

California

Mommy: Where are we going tomorrow?
Anara : Umm.... ummm... ummm.... to Jody's wedding. Ummmm... we are going to fly in an airplane and then Disneyland and then to the beach Mom.

Tomorrow we leave for CA. We have to be at the airport nice and early and we will be in LA by noon (with one plane change). I am posting to the blog when I should be scurrying around cleaning and packing, but for some reason I like the last minute rush. We are trying to limit ourselves to two suitcases but with all the kid supplies this is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. The first suitcase is dangerously close to the weight limit and the 2 liters of saline pushes it right over the edge.

I have some last minute stuff to buy (disposable diapers, wipes, snacks...) and tons of little odds and ends jobs that I keep remembering and forgetting. Edison and Anara are both a little snotty and I just started sneezing - I am hoping this doesn't become anything.

A roommate of mine from college is getting three of us into Disneyland for free next week. My mom is coming with us tomorrow and my brothers are flying out to meet us on Saturday. Andrew was kind enough to book a whole week's hotel with his Marriott rewards. Nate was able to get us Tonight Show tickets for Tuesday night.

I think we are excited. We are all sharing a small hotel room and Edison hasn't always been real flexible as far as sleeping arrangements. Hopefully we will all get enough sleep to keep us healthy and not test our moods too much. Edison is still breastfeeding and refuses bottles. I am sure Nate and Mom will find some way to feed him while I am gone participating in pre-wedding festivities. We will be pretty busy with wedding excitement until Sat. evening. Then we have the entire next week to enjoy California. We will be back late on the 2nd. I will try to post a couple pictures of our beautiful flower girls (and maybe even one of myself as a bridesmaid but that will all depend on the finished product in the dress). I am going to do a little spray tan tonight to hide some imperfections.

I better get busy.

No comments: