Friday, September 18, 2009

You Little Stink!

I repeat this phrase multiple times throughout the day and now the girls are saying it too. We always say it with a smile but maybe I should think of something else to call this busy boy.

What is Eddie up to....

*He is cruising around furniture and pushing things across the floor but he hasn't ventured to take his first steps.
*He has 6 teeth.
*His words, Bye, baby, ball, dada, mama, uh oh, all done, & no no no (doggy has disappeared). He mimics words we say with the same sounds and inflection. Sometimes we think he says "up" or "down".
*He signs "nurse" (milk) and "no". He tries to sign "more" with one hand and sometimes attempts "all done".
*He loves being chased and crawls away laughing if you say, "I'm gonna get you."
*He climbs the stairs when I'm not looking.
*He rearranges the cabinets.
*He likes to play with his sisters (or at least take whatever they are playing with).

That was fun

Caught eating chalk
Taking his dog for a stroll

Got it!
Rearranging Rubbermaid

Watching Sicily

Pulling Olivia's hair
Impatiently waiting
Vi found the baby supply box
Yesterday Anara's stoma bandages came and I put the little, cardboard box on the dining room floor. I was writing a blog post and ignoring Edison. He pushed the box to the dining room chair and pulled himself up on it. I wasn't paying attention but something registered that Edison seemed too tall. I turned around and pulled him off the box. I pulled the box back and grabbed the camera. He repeated the process. I took pictures of him grabbing at the girls toys on the table. I was pretty impressed with his problem solving. I realize it might have been a coincidence but I thought it was amazing for a 10 month-old.

3 comments:

PEEPER said...

he's a genius. and the fact that he can already spell his name with the refrigerator magnets proves that!!

Christina said...

What a smart and cute kid! I love that toothy grin!

Laura S Scott said...

Very good fellow 3rd child! No need to wait for help. Just do it yourself!