Monday, October 12, 2009

California

My one picture from the plane

Anara being a baby in the carrier and me with a spray tan

Edison enjoying his first french fry

1st swim

Since I have so many catch-up posts, I think I will summarize the trip and then pick about 10 of the best photos from each CA event to make separate posts, and maybe provide a link if you're interested in the rest.

We got to CA on Wednesday, Sept 23rd around noon. Our infant seat didn't make it but Delta provided a rental. We made our first stop In N Out Burger for some lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon gathering supplies and swimming at the hotel. Thursday I went with Jody's female family and friends to Glen Ivy Hot Springs and then we did some more shopping (cheap umbrella stroller, shoes for the rehearsal, a couple baby toys since I brought zero). Friday was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Saturday was the wedding. Sunday we went to Huntington Beach, Monday to Disneyland, Tuesday to Nightlight Christian Adoptions and then to the Tonight Show with Conan Obrien. Here is a link to the segment where I, Nate, Bryan and Andrew appear in the background http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/conans-hunky-vampire-092909/1162008/ Wednesday we had a slow morning, went to In N Out again, and played in the ocean at Newport Beach. Thursday we had another Disneyland day and Friday we came home. The traveling was all smooth except the almost 3 hours spent waiting on the tarmac to take off in CA (it was a miracle we didn't miss our connection).

All around the trip was much smoother and more fun than I anticipated. I was afraid Edison would get sick or wouldn't sleep and then I wouldn't sleep. I wasn't sure about all the activities planned and whether things would work out. Ali, a roommate from college, got a few of us into Disney for free and this was a major savings. Speaking of savings, my brother got a two bedroom suite with his reward points for the majority of the trip. It was a nice vacation but it's good to be home.

1 comment:

PEEPER said...

Is that a picture of the baby sling that will hold an adult? I'm still laughing about that...