Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One of those days...



Megan just shared this cartoon from The Onion. It made me laugh pretty hard - especially since all my kids are quiet in their beds and I am wasting time online. I should be cleaning or cooking since this house is a disaster and we're out of leftovers, but I decided to sit here instead. All three kids are sick - not terribly sick, just sick enough to be cranky. Edison is coughing and croupy sounding, Vi is coughing and Anara is full of snot. Edison crawls around behind me screaming to be picked up and then when I pick him up he screams to be let down. Violet can't seem to entertain herself and has already met her weekly quota of asking for things in just one day. I decided that today was a good day to implement family nap time. I put all three kids in bed and headed straight to the freezer to pick chunks out of the ice cream. After things got quiet I thought I might lay on the couch and close my eyes (maybe add a few minutes to the 5 hours I have been averaging) but I am too keyed up to rest. Better get back to that to do list.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I think family nap time is a great idea! But you know you can never nap. Oh well, maybe it will just be time for you to regain your sanity :)