Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pretty Baby

Yesterday the missionary helping with our adoption took some pictures of Anara. We were very excited to receive these. She also included a few morsels of information. Here is what she had to say, "I am including four pictures of Anara that I took today. She really looked well and seemed happier than she has since she first came. The lady working today said she has been trying to teach her to say mama, but Anara will only say papa. I thought Nathan would be happy to know that. The caregiver said she can roll over and she pulls herself up on the side of the bed to stand. She is trying to sit up by herself. Another adoptive family just gave me the gifts the they sent for Anara. I will give them to her tomorrow or Friday."

We are still waiting for our court date and to hear whether the waiting period will be waived because of Anara's medical condition. Thank you for your prayers!











3 comments:

Lydia said...

The first thing I noticed...look at those pinching fingers. That's a really good sign!

Second thing...She's looking right at the camera. She's alert and attentive; that's for sure.

Third...What a smile! It makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

It looks like she's already signing! She'll learn soon. I am so happy for you two! Violet is hilarious. I miss her so much!

Grandad said...

I hope Vi will share Duff, because I'm sure he's got a good lick for this cutie. Had a good deal of good new of late, hoping it continues.