Monday, August 27, 2007

Quarantined

"Anaraboo can you smile?"

Now both of the girls have fake, cheesy smiles

I am usually not much of a germaphobe, but right now I am trying to do everything I can to keep Anara from getting sick. Starting today we are quarantined until we check into Riley Sept. 5th. If Anara has a fever within 3 days of surgery, they will cancel her procedure and who knows how soon the next surgery date would be scheduled. I am looking forward to having this surgery behind us.

We are having some feeding issues. Anara will not accept food from me as easily as she will Daddy or Violet. Below you can see Violet having success getting her to eat the pasta I had previously been trying to feed her. I don't get it. The social worker said that since she won't take food from me then I should be the only one to feed her.



This past weekend we stayed at Nate's parents' house. We went there for the weekend to have a "camping trip" because this was really the only way camping with Anara was possible. Friday night it was insanely hot and rainy so we didn't sleep outside. Nate put the tent up Saturday and Violet played in it and attempted to sleep. She decided after 11:00pm that she wanted to sleep in the house - so much for her camping trip. Nate and our nephew, Guy, slept in the tent all night. Here are some pictures from our "camping trip".

Violet's first smore

Anara's 1st fire


Vi and Guy in the tent

Another cheesy smile in the tent

I have more pictures and more to say, but Vi just woke up from her nap - maybe tomorrow....

4 comments:

Beth said...

Great pics Amanda!!

Unknown said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys... and can I just say how incredible it is that your nephew looks JUST LIKE his dad! Unreal...

Beth said...

I know you have probably tried everything, but have you tried the "airplane" approach with Anara? Make her food fly around on the spoon with airplane noises until it gets to her mouth? Maybe a fun experience would help her take if from you??

Danielle said...

Who is her surgery with at Riley?? How long will she be in?? What is her surgery for??