Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not much is new

Sorry to all our fans (mom, Beth, and Jody I guess) for not updating as often as I should. I know that grandparents become restless after a few days of no new pictures and especially after a couple weeks with no face to face contact ;)

Things are going pretty well. Right now I am listening to a 1 and 2 y/o attempt to whisper in their room. I guess they don't understand that making your loud voice scratchy doesn't necessarily constitute a whisper. I think I might have just committed slumber suicide - both of the girls in the same room (we have made several unsuccessful attempts at this), Violet not wearing a night diaper for the 1st time, Anara didn't meet her calorie goal for the day, and I took Vi's water away (it's really dry in her room and she drinks a lot at night, but we gotta try this night training thing). Oh well - can't be any worse than last night (a tired mom's last words).

I was sick Saturday through Monday and Nate ran the house. He did a great job and it was kind of nice having a break, although I wouldn't recommend being sick as a way to get vacation time. I had a killer sore throat, achy body, headache, and a generally crummy feeling. A couple times I thought I might have had a fever because I was uncomfortable and abnormally freezing.

Wow, this post is getting boring pretty fast. I used to think I was an "okay" blogger. I mean, even if every post wasn't witty or charming at least I was consistent about putting something up. Now I sit here barely even weekly and struggle to be interesting or entertaining in the least. I don't even have a slew of photos to distract you from my lack of ingenuity.

One important thing I guess... we have been having some issues with Anara's catheterizable channel. We have had several incidents when we were not able to get the catheter into her reservoir. Fortunately she still has one emergency drain (suprapubic tube) intact or else we would have a legitimate emergency situation. We saw the urologist last week and for a while he was almost stumped. We were beginning to think that maybe another surgery was needed. Then I mentioned having been able to catheterize her when she was standing at a time when I otherwise wasn't getting through. We thought that was our answer (that and a new kind of catheter). We hadn't had any problems until today. I am hoping that this situation will never occur again because we would really like to avoid another procedure.

Time for me to go make tea and sit on the couch. I will let you know what happened with the sleeping thing and we will keep you posted on Anara's channel.

1 comment:

TPQ said...

Glad you are feeling better! Hope Anara's cath situation gets fixed quickly and easily. And P.S I'm totally a fan ;)