Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lots of catching up to do - pics

On Palm Sunday the kids did a few special songs at the front of the church.
They came in waving their palm leaves. When Vi got to the front she didn't want
to put her palm leaf down and they had to convince her to lay it down. She stood
up on the stage with the other kids and waved both little hands at us while yelling,
"Hi Mommy. Hi Mommy. Mommy, I can see some people behind you." Most of the
congregation laughed at her while I sat in the pew smiling and crying. It was
so precious to see her standing up there waving at us with both arms.


We participated in the egg dying ritual. Violet had a great time stirring,
dipping, wiping, peeling, and even eating the eggs.
And we hid eggs and had baskets (thanks to Grandpa and Grandma P.).
We hid about 20 eggs and each egg contained 1 M&M - hey, they are lucky I
didn't use Cheerios.
Here are the girls almost ready for church.
These dresses from Grandma Janet were very pretty but since it was chilly we had to wear sweaters.

We have a picture of Violet from last year about this time (and Erica, it's another Shaklee box).

Violet has this idea that Anara is a capable helper. She said, "Anara, can you help me put my clothes on?" And Anara of course replies, "Yeah Violet, I can help you."
Violet and Victoria playing on one of the nice days.
Vi loves drinking hot tea.
Anara found a new place to hide.
Creating art.
She strapped herself into the doll stroller and then stood up.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I like how Vi asked Anara to help her get dressed. Carter always assumes that Jordan can do everything he can do. I love the Palm leaf. I bet Vi loves to play with it.

Lydia said...

Picturing Vi wave and call out to you causes me to think about the parallel of us peforming on the "stage" of life, calling out and waving to our Father as we try to worship and please him. I'm thinking too much, I know.

Adorable dresses!

I'm glad you didn't use cheerios! The eggs at our house contain coins since Anne has teeth issues and Claire has braces. They still get the candy from the grandparents. Claire is responsible enough to pace herself. She will probably have some of it left next April. Anne's is high and hidden.

Lydia said...

And I wonder, what palm leaves am I holding on to that I should lay down?

Nicole said...

It's about time! For a minute, I was thinking that privatizing the blog must have meant no more updates. Thanks for all the pics. We miss our sweet little nieces. Uncle Joel and Aunt Nicole

Laura S Scott said...

I like hot tea too! Maybe Vi should come to VW and we could have tea for two. I have a delicious Tazo Blueberry tea. Mmm...Adorable pics. I like the one M&M idea since I'm the one who usually eats all the candy. Maybe next year I'll get by for $.33!

Pam Markley said...

WOW! Anara looks so big and grown up! I love her posing in the pics! she definitely appears to be thriving! Must be because she has such a great mom!