Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Envy of the Neighborhood (well, not quite)

This weekend Nate put up my brand-new clothesline. I have never used a clothesline and I am already questioning my level of commitment to the idea. I like the money savings, bleaching affect on diapers and whites, and environmental perks, but I am a little nervous about the energy, time, and potential smell of fried foods leaching into the fabric from neighboring homes. Also, I just remembered that it can be make allergies worse. Below are some before, during and after pictures of our clothesline erecting experience. I feel kind of guilty for having a nice, new clothesline when the neighbors stick their socks and underwear through the chain-link fence - maybe we should get them one. I will keep you posted about the laundry situation and whether the clothes make it to the line or get stuck in the dryer.

Helping Daddy dig
Filling the bottom of the hole with rocks

Taking a break from the heavy labor
"I yike chakit"

"This is a messy mess."

A little spotlight envy since I took so many pictures of Anara's messy mess. Tah Dah!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you reach it?

Lydia said...

I expect you to hang clothes out on that line! :) I haven't noticed Claires allergies any better in the winter when I dry clothes inside than they are in the spring, summer and fall when I hang them outside. Zyrtec's OTC now.

PEEPER said...

That sure beats my hemp rope tied around the gutter on one end and an eye screw in the garage wall on the other end!! I love the way clothes smell on the line!

Joy said...

You can pick and choose what you dry on the line...that's how I handled the allergy situation. What the allergies are to will also factor in.

Laura S Scott said...

Owen too is a huge fan of "Shock it" and loves to have a snack at grams before we even swim. One day he threw a huge fit screaming for Chocolate. George saw/heard the cries for the fudge bar and knew that he got at least one more trait from me!