Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few more quotes

Have you ever seen a longer tongue?
She was trying to impress me with a purple tongue after her frozen blueberries.


Today we were driving in the car and Violet saw a church with a cross on the steeple. Violet said, "Is that the cross that Jesus died on?" I told her that the cross Jesus died on was much bigger and made from wood and we talked about how he had to carry it. Her next question was, "Are they going to put nails in my legs?" I explained that Jesus died so that we could be with Him and that we don't have to die on a cross (we will get to the dying to self later).

Violet and Anara were playing upstairs and I heard a conversation that went like this...
Violet - "Anara, do you want to play blocks with me?"
Anara - "No I play Legos."
Violet - "No, those aren't to play with those are just for looking at."
Anara - "For looking at?"
Violet - "Yeah, those are just decoration."
Anara - "Decoration? Okay, I play blocks Violet."

Nate put the girls down to sleep in the same room tonight. (It was our original plan to have them share a room but they take forever to stop talking and go to sleep so we usually put Violet in the guest room.) He warned the girls to be quiet and not to talk. Anara usually has a difficult time restraining herself so Nate told her to pray to God for help to not talk. After a while he heard Anara chattering away and yelled up the stairs for her to be quiet. Her response was, "I just pwaying."

Yesterday we were listening to a CD of Bible Songs for Kids and a song called "Give me that Old Time Religion" came on and when it was over Violet said, "That lady shouldn't say that Mama." I asked her what she meant and she said, "She shouldn't say 'I want', she should say 'May I have that old time religion'".

Things were pretty quiet one day this week and I wasn't completely sure where the girls were. I headed up the stairs and looked in both bedrooms and the playroom and didn't see them. I thought I heard some giggling so I went into the playroom and found them both hidden in the toy box/house we keep stuffed animals in.


Violet is starting "school" or childcare this week. She will be going from 9-12 one day a week. I was very hesitant and emotional about doing this but several people have recommended that Anara and I spend some quality time together before the baby comes. I took the girls to church today to hand in the required paperwork. I told Violet that we were just turning in paperwork and looking around. Violet is pretty familiar with the setting since it is the same place as the nursery on Sunday and she is even fortunate enough to have a teacher she knows and loves. The teacher saw Violet and excitedly welcomed her. Violet retreated a little and said, "I'm not coming today we are just turning in paperwork." Anara, on the other hand, was ready to run right in and get busy playing.

1 comment:

Laura S Scott said...

I agree...that might be the longest tongue that I have ever seen. Does it reaaly go past her chin or is it just the angle of the camera?