Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On the mend --- hopefully

This weekend Nate succumbed to the virus that has plagued our home. Mine was pretty mild and only lasted a couple days. Anara had a fever Friday night. The kids all have a soupy cough that's lingering. The scariest part is that Eddie just chokes on the thick drainage. A couple times I have had to invert him and beat on his back to help him clear his airway. I haven't slept much but I think the kids are just draining and hopefully almost finished with this cold. Nate is starting to cough so he shouldn't be too far behind. This morning Edison slept until 9:00am and when I got him up his left eye was completely crusted shut. He still looked at me out of his right eye and smiled. It's supposed to be 74 and stormy today. We probably won't get outside but maybe we can open the front door. Violet and Anara got to play outside Friday and Saturday but I can tell they still have cabin fever. Violet keeps trying to think of things we need at the grocery and would like to run some errands.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I had to get out the Nebulizer this weekend for Jordan. He was coughing so hard he threw up twice on Sunday. Fun stuff. I hope today is better day for you and the kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the email updates. :) Feel better soon, Hub Family!