Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I scream you scream



Sometimes I forgot how close in age the girls really are. I expect Violet to act like a kid and Anara to act like a baby. They are exactly 12 months apart. Anara is not a baby and Violet is not a kid. They are more like twins than older/younger siblings. They still lack the ability to reason and both of them are young enough to still be convinced that the world revolves around them. When one cries, they both cry. Even if one of them causes the other one to cry, it turns into both of them being upset. Maybe they will empathize and appreciate each other more being so tied in emotionally, or maybe it just means they don't like loud noises (the other screaming).

I didn't realize that my last post sounded so depressing. My dad called the other day and said, "I was having a pretty good day until I read your blog and now I am kind of down." For the record, I am feeling much better. I think everyone has these ups and downs and we are definitely more and less satisfied with our lives at different times. I am trying to achieve a balance and be content regardless of my emotional state or the moods of the girls. Hopefully my blog wasn't too upsetting and didn't stir up too much discontent for fellow stay-at-home moms. I wouldn't trade my job for anything and I consider myself to have great career satisfaction. Also, I read in one of the cheesy parenting magazines that salary.com (unconfirmed) estimates the job worth of a stay-at-home mom to be $138,000 per year.

Also, I really did appreciate all the comments and emails - it made me feel much more sane.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

I tip my hat off to you, 2 is hard at least for me and to have 2 little ones so close in age must be very hard at times, and also filled with joy at times! Every mom feels overwhelmed and crazy at times, if they say otherwise they are not telling the truth!! ps when did you go to Kyrgyzstan to get Anara?

Christina said...

I think we need a post today of all those hilarious things Violet said last night :) Also, a video of Anara saying "Hey Baby" would be hilarious :)

Scott and Emily's Blog said...

Hello Amanda,
I really enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know a little bit more about your girls. Christina has kept me posted a bit. They are both very beautiful! I am also glad to know that there are other stay-at-home moms who have days, weeks like you did. It is comforting to know that we aren't perfect. And i too struggle someetimes with the "what to fix for dinner?" Samuel really doesn't like to eat...only nurse :) I would love to learn a little bit more about your adoption process. Emily

Lydia said...

Amanda,
I think mostly we (at least I) empathized with you and believe that this phase will pass, and we'll actually look back on it with much fondness.

Persevere.

Lydia

Laura S Scott said...

I wonder if Anara will be tall. She really has grown a ton since your family picture.

:)