Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Make new friends, keep the old....

This is my favorite picture from our most recent attempt at portraits. We weren't able to get even one good pose of the girls together, but this is the picture we see several times throughout the day.

For those of you who are new, here is a synopsis of our story: We have one biological daughter, Violet (2yr), and one adopted daughter, Anara (1yr). We adopted Anara from Kyrgyzstan in April. Anara has a correctable medical condition, bladder exstrophy and epispadia (basically she was born with her bladder outside her body and there it remains). Because of this birth defect and a couple other complications she is awaiting a 2nd surgery date (the 1st was cancelled because she had an infection). We are hoping to hear about a surgery date as early as tomorrow. Anara's long term care plan will be lifelong catheterizing as the new bladder will not function as quite the same.

For those of you who are old and wondering what I am doing - I recently started reconnecting with the adoption community and have invited some people to join our blog. I thought that I should recap a little so that people wouldn't have to scroll endlessly to piece things together.

I think that is the basic picture. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

PEEPER said...

I love that picture! Keith just recently got his 2 year pictures taken and we had a similar experience, although we did get a few good pics before he broke down. I gave up trying to get professional pics of the two of them long ago!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture. I especially love the look on Violet's face. Priceless.

Mala said...

I bet years to come this picture will have incredible sentimental value!!!! I love it!
Thank you for inviting us to enjoy your blog!

Alyssa said...

I am loving your blog, we have a 4 year old Zeke and this is the first year he has willingly gotten his picture taken! I always ordered the crazy ones because I always thought this is life right now, might as well remember it as it was! I think it is crazy all of the connections we have! I am so curious about your adoption from Kyrgyzstan!! Did you use Nightlight? When did you adopt her? This blog world is crazy, the way you can connect with people!