Wednesday, July 23, 2008

California Trip

Just in case you are curious about my trip...

I left very early Friday morning and arrived in CA at 8:45am. My brother's friend, Elizabeth, booked a 1st class ticket that cost me only $10.00. I stayed with my my long-time friend, Jody. She picked me up from the airport and we spent the day at Glen Ivy Hot Springs. It was wonderful to say the least. There were many pools (saline, hot springs, lounging, hot tubs), a mud pool where we smeared ourselves with mud and let it dry (for exfoliating purposes), we were painted with body moisturizer, relaxed, talked, and had a great lunch.

Friday evening Jody's boyfriend, Bobby, took us to a wonderful Korean restaurant and we finished the evening at a self-serve frozen yogurt bar.

Saturday a friend of Bobby's got us into Disney's California Adventure for free. We spent the majority of the day and evening wandering around and riding rides.
We had Sunday Brunch at Duke's on Huntington Beach. We took about 2 hours to enjoy this since it was a beautiful buffet (fresh fruits, seafood, suishi, eggs, french toast, pastries...) and certainly couldn't be enjoyed quickly. We walked around the beach a bit and went back to Jody's to pack and get ready for the evening.

Sunday afternoon we stood in line for 45 minutes to enjoy Hollywood's famous hotdog stand, Pink's, and then we realized that we weren't going to have enough time to eat.

We started driving towards the Pantages and ended up eating quickly at Taco Bell. Then we went to see Wicked. After Wicked Jody dropped me off at LAX. My plane left around 1:00am (CA time) and arrived in Indianapolis about 9:30am Monday morning.


It was a busy and fun weekend. It was quite a transition back into the mom role on Tuesday. I forgot how many times a 2 and 3 y/o can say the word "mommy" or one of its variations. No wonder I am always so tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot about our pedicures on Saturday and those nauseating burps from that lady sitting beside you at Wicked. I guess you were only mentioning the good things. I love the links! I had a blast and no weekend has compared to that one in a long time. Love you!

Lydia said...

Sounds like you had a blast and what awesome deals you struck!