Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Long nights make for even longer days...

Violet is still sick. Today makes 2 weeks fighting whatever it is she is fighting. Last night she tossed and turned and whined from 1-3 and then I tossed and turned (and whined a little) until 5:00. It's amazing how many things can go through your mind in the wee hours of morning. I was tempted (about 3:45am) to take her to an emergent care center just for my own piece of mind but her symptoms aren't severe enough to justify that. She has still been running a little warm but it's mostly her behavior that has me concerned. She will play okay for a while and then crash and lay on the couch whining. She isn't sleeping well and spends a good deal of the night whimpering, whining, panting, coughing, or snorting. Last night was especially bizarre. Her skin felt so cold and yet she was soaked with sweat. Finally I took her temperature and she was 95.5 - weird. Her hair was soaked, her pillow wet, and I kept wiping her with the sheets for a couple hours. The other thing is that she cannot hear. I am hoping it is just congestion from the cold and not infection or damage to her hearing. We had been wondering whether she was pretending not to hear us but we have confirmed that she really isn't hearing unless we raise our voice. Last night when we prayed she told me that Jesus is going to have to start signing. Hopefully she isn't worried about not being able to hear Him.

We saw Violet's pediatrician again on Monday. He referred us to an ENT but our appointment is not until Friday. I leave Friday at 4:30am to go to visit my friend Jody in CA. I was really hoping Vi would be better by then so that I wouldn't have to worry about leaving her. I know that Nate is capable but it is much easier to take care of sick kids in twos. Now I am afraid I will be a basket case on the flight. I already have a fear of flying now mix in hormones, exhaustion, worry about a sick kid and it's pretty much a recipe for panic.

That is the update for this morning. I will post something when we find something out or Violet is healed.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I can't believe she is still sick. I will keep praying for all of you. By the way, Nik and I are headed to California tomorrow. How ironic. What part of CA are you going to be at? We will be in Long Beach near LA. How long will you be there?