Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Some New Quotes

*Last week I tried to take a nap with Violet. She was pretty talkative for a while and here is one of our conversations.
Vi: "Mommy, what is that thing on your ring? A diamond?"
Me: "Yes, it is a diamond. Daddy bought it for me."
Vi: "Does that mean you are married?"
Me: "Yes"
Vi: "I wish I could have a ring like that. Maybe someday my husband will buy me one. Will you find a husband for me when I get big? Mommy, will you find a husband for me?"
Me: "Vi, when you are older God will find a husband for you."
Vi: "Will you pray about that?"
Me: "You want me to pray about God finding you a husband?"
Vi: "Yeah, can you pray that for me right now. God will come down from the sky and give me a husband."
Me: "Sure I will pray about that. Dear Jesus......Amen"
Vi: "But not yet because I still like toys."

*Anara can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. She has had a runny nose and didn't sleep great last night. I picked her up a little bit ago and put her firmly in timeout. Of course Anara started screaming at being told no and being put in time out. Immediately Violet said, "Dear Jesus, please help Mommy to keep her patience. Please help Anara to obey Mommy and God and Daddy. Help her to stop crying. In Jesus name, Amen."

*One day we were outside and the recycling man came. Violet said, "Maybe when I get big I can be a garbage man." I guess that's it Laura - that is what Vi wants to do when she grows up.

*A couple weeks ago I took the girls to a funeral. I was trying to explain things on the way there. I told them that someone died and that people would be quiet and sad. I told them that we should be happy because now that person gets to be with Jesus but sometimes we are sad because we are not ready for them to leave. Violet said, "I want Anara to go be with Jesus." I would like to think that was a sweet wish since Vi has such a great perspective on Jesus and Heaven.

*Last weekend Vi was sitting on the toilet and announced, "My poop looks like a seal." Nate went into wipe her and get her down and he said, "Amanda, come in here it really does look like a seal." Today when I wiped Violet she said, "Did I have a really cool poop Mommy? What was it shaped like?"

*Saturday Violet was so tired and shut her eyes in the car. She had been denying the need for a nap and I said, "See you are tired your eyes are closed." She opened her eyes immediately and said, "I was just resting them Mama."

*Last night Vi was eating frozen blueberries and Anara asked for some. Violet said, "Oh you want some blueberries (knowing that Anara won't eat them)" and Anara said, "No, I don't like them." Then Violet was trying to be funny and said, "Would you like some frozen rocks?" and Anara said, "No that would be yucky!."

*Vi was eating gum and Anara saw it and said, "Violet, can I have your gum?" Violet said, "Sure Anara here you go." I intercepted the gum and Anara said, "Aw man!"

*Violet was walking around with a drum around her neck and banging away when she said, "That's so I can entertain myself."

Someday I am sure I will be publishing more original Anara quotes but for now she mostly just copies whatever Violet says.

4 comments:

PEEPER said...

I just love the violet/anara quotes! i need to start writing down what my kids say!

Christina said...

Hilarious! Tell Vi she needs to pray for a husband for me first :)

Laura S Scott said...

Yes. A Garbage Women! I bet that she would get the city/state retirement policy. Don't shoot down that aspriation, because we all know that social security won't be around for her. PERS will likely be stronger. Go for it, Vi.

Stephanie said...

These are awesome! You should do a scrapbook page. ;)