Thursday, October 30, 2008

Baby #3

Yesterday morning I had an ultrasound and the baby is measuring 7lbs. 7oz. That sounds like a pretty good delivery weight. Too bad I am still more than 2 weeks from my due date. I am really hoping to go into labor early but not desperate enough to schedule an elective induction (yet). I am still undecided about the pitocin/epidural issue. I was so determined to do everything "natural" with Violet and we had a beautiful birthplan. Like I said before, I ended up with pitocin and an epidural that didn't really work. I would love to labor comfortably (is that an oxymoron?) at home and cruise into the hospital in time for delivery, but I have to be at the hospital 4 hours before delivery in order for the baby and I to get 2 doses of IV antibiotics. I realize that women all over the world do this everyday without medical intervention but I am pretty dependent on the "hospitalness" of the whole thing. I guess it doesn't matter as much how the baby comes into the world as long as we are both healthy and safe. I am not feeling miserable or terribly uncomfortable. I don't feel ginormous right now and somehow I lost 5 lbs. between my last two appoinments. All that said, I think I am ready anytime (maybe after I dust and sweep once more and pack a bag).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get that bag packed yet? ;)