Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hello Green


First, I apologize if you have been waiting with bated breath to see the finished product of our newly green living room ;) We have been without internet for the past couple weeks. This has made me realize how extremely internet dependent I am. Now that we are back online, I am going to try and exercise some self-control and set some limits for myself. It's incredible how much I depend on it to run the house and socialize.

Back to the green living room. Joel, Nicole, and Nate were able to paint the living room, stairway and upstairs hallway in one day. It was great. I took some time to pull out newborn stuff and painted a little towards the end of Saturday. The green looks great in the natural light. It is very fresh and airy feeling. It is such a dramatic change from the bold, cozy red but we like it. I had a little painting remorse the first night because it is much more yellow with our energy efficient lighting (and it was still a little wet and shiny). It reminded me more of a nursery than a living room. It looks a lot better now with a matte finish and all our of things back in place. Thanks Joel and Nicole for giving up another weekend to help with our home improvement efforts.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love it!!

PEEPER said...

Now our front rooms match!! Yay! Looks great...the summery green will be nice to look at in the dead of winter!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Christina said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it in person!

Lydia said...

What? The only thing out is a sweeper...evidence of cleanliness? It looks too clean! Why don't you scatter some junk and clutter around to make the rest of us feel a little better about our own surroundings?!