Monday, March 19, 2007

And now.....

for the moment we've all been waiting for...............

We have travel dates!!

Our official, yet tentative, travel dates are April 7 - April 17th. I say tentative because international adoption is full of surprises and nothing is set in stone. We are getting pretty excited. We have our 1st appointment set in Kyrg for 3:00pm April 9th. We are working on airline tickets and accommodations.

Last weekend we practiced being away from Violet. She went to Grandma's Friday evening and stayed until Sunday afternoon. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but our trip will be last weekend X 5. The saddest part was that Violet was convinced she was going to see "Baby Nawa" since Mommy and Daddy were gone and she "stay Meemaw". Now she says, "Mommy and Daddy go get Baby Nawa soon". The next time she won't be disappointed.

We got some updates about Anara this morning.

Anara’s weight today is 7KG and 100grams, which is 15.62 pounds. They do not usually use disposable diapers at the orphanage. I think Amanda can just look at the weight on the package and decide what to buy her. It will be good to have a few on hand the first day because they will take her with them to the appointment at the US Embassy. I made the appointment today. It is for 3:00 on Monday, April 9.

I saw Anara on Saturday. She was holding her little Pooh bear that Amanda sent, slinging it around. I played with her a little while and she really laughed. It was a wonderful sound. I had also bought her a play station for her bed that has little animals hanging down. They say she really likes it and plays a lot. I bought it because the worker said she did not seem to like the toys. I think most of them are for younger babies and Anara was probably bored. She was making talking sounds when I was there the other day. I wished I had brought my camera.


I wish she would've brought her camera too! We just love getting any information about her.

Thanks for all your support. Keep us in your prayers as we enter the travel phase of our adoption.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meemaw can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lydia said...

Amanda,
Claire's 10.5 and Anne 4.5 and I still really miss them when they spend the night at Gram and Grandad's for one night! It's hardest at bed time. Some days it's more difficult than others. Last year I was fine going away for a few days with Brad to State. This year, I just couldn't do it for some reason. I'm sure they don't miss me near as much as I miss them!Do you remember being a kid and wanting your parents to go on a date just so you could have a babysitter? It will no doubt be a blessing for you and Nate and your mom and Vi.