Thursday, March 29, 2007

Not much to post......sorry

We don't have new news about Anara. We are preparing for travel. This weekend we are going to do a special family activity since it will be our last weekend as a family of 3. We are also going to memorize the travel/adoption information that we got from our agency.

Violet and I have been outside most of the week. The neighborhood is full of activity and Vi has made some new friends. We had a new family move in next door a few weeks ago. The kids are great! There are 5 kids ranging in age 4-12. They are very polite and treat Violet well. Violet loves the boy - Marcos. She gets shy and smiley around him.

Below are some pictures of the neighborhood kids. Some of them live here and others just visit Gray St. frequently (at least weekly). The group picture doesn't include the 3 kids in the house on our southside or the 5 kids in the house to the north. It would be fun to have a picture of the whole group.


Unfortunately, this is Violet's "mine" face



Merlin (a new neighbor to the south) with Mia (our long-time neighbor)



Some of our friends

I don't even know her name, but I think she is prec. - don't you Emily?



Violet helping Mama get some seeds ready to plant

9 comments:

Lydia said...

Aw...Even her "mine" face is adorable. Yes, yes, I know. It's only cute for so long. Sad as it is, I sometimes have to hide my own "mine" face. It wants to sneak out more often than I'd like to admit. It especially tries to rear itself when it comes to "my" girls. Yesterday I felt like Violet looks when someone hurt Claire's feelings.

Emily said...

The girl with no name is prec. I agree! She looks very cuddly and huggable. I hope she has lots of friends to play with, she's cute!

Rachel said...

Could you please ask the prec. girl's parents if I could have her for the weekends?

Erica said...

I'm not Emily, but I have to add that that little girl is definitely presh. Also, that photo of Merlin and Mia looks like something out of a magazine. Nice pics.

Austin, Jamie, Madelyn, and Andrew said...

I just saw Dave P and he told me about your blog. I loved reading through your blog. I can't believe how big Violet and how cute she is. The ABC video was the best! I am so excited about your growing family. I hope we can get together soon!!
Jamie (Austin, Maddy and Andrew)

Joy said...

Why don't you just call her Precious. It's a nice name and some day you might have the opportunity to tell her what it means and who she is precious to.

Hubs said...

Okay, the really sad part is that everyone calls her Chunky. We don't call her Chunky, but the neighborhood kids and even the grown-ups do. They say, "Chunky, get over here." So sad.

Emily said...

Awe, that really is sad. That makes me want to give her an even bigger hug and let her know that I think she is precious.

Joy said...

I think Vi might be saying "What ju talkin about Willis?"
Now I really think you should start calling that little girl Precious!