Monday, July 02, 2007

"Poop goes in the potty - that's what Nina says"

Nate would never start a post in such an undignified manner, but me on the other hand... My friend, Christina, sings this song to Violet about potty training. Today Violet decided to sing this song while attempting to accomplish this goal. She has now been successful 4 of the past 5 days in regards to "poop goes in the potty." She has only one accident with #1. I won't call her "potty trained" because I have thought we were there before, but at least we are dry during the day.

When you are a mother of young children/babies, I think you become obsessed with sleep and poop (at least I am). This baby isn't sleeping...this one poops too much...this one won't poop...uh oh, this one has been asleep for 3 hours now with no sound - are they okay?... Anara finally seems to be finished with diarrhea. She has only been having 1-2 bm's per day and has even been clean a few mornings. The past two nights I have slept straight through from when I put my head on the pillow until an acceptable morning hour. I don't think this has happened since I was in college - jk. Anyway, things are looking pretty good right now. Babies sleeping and pooping appropriately - what more could any mother ask for?

3 comments:

Christina said...

Glad to know that I have left my mark :) Now we just need to learn the rest of the song.

Unknown said...

Oh nina, you have made your mark and sounds like Violet is too.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny the turns our conversations make once there are kids. If it makes you feel better, Andy & I talk a lot about Campbell's poop, too! Speaking of... my dog has bad gas :) What's your email address, Amanda?