Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Silly Babies

Yesterday Violet was standing at the front door watching her little friend play across the street. She had her face pressed to the glass with her hands on the window and said, "I wish I could have a backpack like that.....but I can't." I started laughing and said, "A backpack like what Violet?" And she said, "I wish I could have a backpack like Doodlebugs, but I can't." I was laughing pretty hard at her and she said, "Are we gonna call Daddy?" with a smile on her face. If Violet says anything particularly humorous we always call Nate and tell him. We called Daddy.

This morning Violet swallowed her vitamins, which is usually followed by a piece of gum. She forgot the gum and I let it go. About 30min. later she said, "Mama we forgot my gum. Do we have that spicy kind?" I told her that we didn't have any spicy kind and she said, "Aw man."

Violet has been doing a lot of doodling on her Doodlepro. I think she is pretty talented for a 2 year-old. See for yourself.... She said this drawing was flowers and then later said balloons too. Maybe I made too big of deal because now she is stuck in a rut drawing mostly balloons and flowers with a few "strawberries, vegetables, and onions" thrown in every once in a while.

Anara is developing quite a personality. She loves to be laughed at and repeats the same joke as long as the laughs keep coming. Last night I showed the girls my silliest face for the 1st time (Jody, you know the one I wasn't allowed to show Nate until we were wed). Basically I cross my eyes, tuck my top lip under and stick my tongue out like a lizard. Anara was successfully mimicking my silly face. She had her lip tucked under, crossed her eyes, and was moving her head side to side with her tongue out. Violet wasn't even able to copy this face. We were laughing pretty hard and Anara kept on. I just tried to get a video of it but she kept coming towards the camera and it's not the greatest. This isn't anywhere near the effort she was making to mimic the face last night.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Anara you stink!" Violet said this as she came running into the room to smell Anara. She leaned down, smelled the diaper area and ran out of the room saying, "That's disgusting!" I am not certain where she learned, "Oh my gosh", but I am trying to make sure that she isn't hearing it from me ( I think I usually say "Oh my goodness" - maybe not much better). It is so hard to remember not to say the things you don't want your kids repeating. Often Violet says, "huh" trying to get Nate or I to repeat ourselves, and I know that we both say that to her, but it sounds so dumb coming out of a 2 y/o mouth. Back to "Oh my gosh", last night I was standing outside and I heard the 4 y/o girl next door saying, "Oh my gosh" repeatedly. Maybe this is where Vi heard it.

Here is a cheesy video of Violet singing a "Signing Time" song into a pretend microphone. You hear her say, "... Alex and Leah, come and play....do you know the colors of the rainbow too... there's red, orange, yellow, green, purple, and blue" for the sake of rhyme the colors out of order and no amount of convincing will make Violet believe differently.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

After Violet was finished with the microphone I caught Anara trying to sing her own version.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

Hmmm....there was one other story I wanted to put on here for the grandparents but now I can't remember......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Thanks for the videos Amanda. Anara's hair is getting so long. I still love that Violet calls you Amanda sometime. I wonder if she will make her 4th grade teacher cry too. She's so smart like her mama. It sounds like Anara is quite the comedian! I sure hope Nate appreciates my efforts to repress the urge for the silly face until after he was committed to you for life.

Unknown said...

they are a beautiful as their mama, no wonder Grandma Provines was always taking her home with her.

Lydia said...

I'm so glad you had a blog worthy day!
Makes me smile.

Beth said...

They are both so stinking cute. I can't believe Anara can cross her eyes. HIllarious. Carter does his "crazy eyes". He rolls his eyes in the back of his head. We all get a big kick out of it. And yeah, he calls us Beth and Nik, and he knows NOT to do that. He thinks its soooo hillarious. Question for you. Where did you get the echo mic? I have looked for those everywhere. I should probably just order them online...

Danielle said...

hey there mandy!! I have a blog site now. it is www.hunterandmommyslife.blogspot.com

take a look and let me know what you think!

Miss you and wish you would hurry up and come up here!!!

Anonymous said...

I am dead sure that you haven’t used www.LeadsByVideo.com for promoting your products. Otherwise you would not have been complaining.