Friday, July 06, 2007

SpaghettiO's are still disgusting

I just fed the girls lunch. For some reason, I felt compelled to buy an on-sale can of organic spaghettio's (or Bernie O's). Don't think that because they say "organic" I actually think they are healthy. I realize that they are still made from sugar and white flour (just the organic kind) and are just as gross as the Campbell's brand, but I thought it might be a fun and it was pretty cheap. It wasn't fun, it was nasty. Neither Violet or Anara would eat them, and after tasting a bite I can't say that I blame them.

Yesterday was a bad "mom" day. I was worn out from the midweek holiday and both of the girls were grumpy. Violet kept torturing Anara, Anara kept screaming, and I barely kept my sanity. Thankfully today has been much better. Anara and Violet are happy, they are playing well together, and they seem to be enjoying each other.

Here are some of Anara's most recent accomplishments: she can say daddy, mommy, Cheerio, up, doggy, kitty, hi, bye, ni-night, and she can sign thank-you, daddy, down, please, more, all done, and milk. She is sitting up on her own more consistently. She seems to be less disturbed by Violet's loud outbursts. Her wound is totally healed and now we just wait for the scar and skin to return to normal.

Violet is still saying funny things and poop seems to be a frequent topic of conversation. "Let's see if I can make brown poop Mama." "Amanda, could you hold me? Amanda will you pick me up?" "Sometimes Daddy makes big poop and sometimes he makes little poop." "Does Daddy have two blue eyes?" "Mama, did you hear that little toot that I made from my bottom?" "Does Anara walk Mama?" "Is Anara one?" "Do you get ice cream when you make poop?" "The little baby pooped (referring to girl in dollhouse)." "Does my poop stink? Oh, it is stinky. Say 'gross' mama." "Do you like my poop in the potty? Are you proud for my poopin Mama?" "Tom is a bad boy" (Tom is the boy in a library book.) "Does Nina have an owie? Did her band aid fall off. I get her another one."

Andy - I will post 4th of July pictures, just give me some time :)

No comments: