Thursday, May 08, 2008

Am I a bad mom...

-because most of the mothering I do (the past 8 weeks) is conducted from the couch?

-because I don't take prenatals or any kind of vitamin for that matter?

-because my kids are way too familiar with Chef Boyardee and forget what fruits and vegetables taste like?

-because as soon as Nate gets home I crash and leave him with all the evening responsibilities?

-because right now the girls are eating macaroni and cheese for the 2nd time this week?

-because we never eat hot dogs but for some reason I really like them right now (microwaved until brown and bubbly with lots of mustard - nasty). I realize this is disgusting and they cause brain tumors - my poor kids.

-because I keep promising to actually make dinner but I'm even more worthless in the evenings?

-because I let my house become an absolute disaster lately knowing that my mom is coming this weekend and will put things back together?

Yikes, that really is a pathetic list. Don't answer those questions. I guess this post was more a confession than anything. Don't worry, I will be back on the horse in no time at all.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Hurry for Janet! :) She will make you feel all better :) And by the way, the majority of the week, I come home and feed my kids, mac n cheese, hotdogs, sphagetti o's, or cold meat sandwiches. It is their lucky night if they get a home-cooked meal from me. :) And I am not even pregnant. :)

Hubs said...

I think working full time is a better excuse for not cooking than pregnancy.

Did I mention I am drinking sweet tea by the gallons because water tastes disgusting.

Laura S Scott said...

Tell your mom there's work to be done at my house when she leaves yours. Also, McD's has a gigantic sweet tea for $1. (In case you are pricing it out.) You could always add a happy meal to your kids healthy diet. Maybe they'd surprise you and pick the apple dippers??

Lydia said...

Girl! Don't be so hard on yourself.

One of these days you'll get back into the swing of things. Until then, just hang in there.

Mama said they'll be days like this... (and if she didn't, well I'm saying it now!)

Thank heaven's for Mamas, eh? They're irreplaceable (whether they're the ones down and out because of their being a momma or because they're helping their down and out kids). Someday when your girls aren't able to cook and clean, you can pay it forward.

Beth said...

Well said blca.