Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Clothesline Catastrophe Solved (for Lydia)

I have the solution to your clothesline woes. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, our neighbors have been doing it for over a year now. Your clothes will never drag, the line will not droop or fall, there are special places for small things like underwear and socks, the line will never absorb the color from your pinks or reds, and you don't need pins. The only downside might be the rust stains or little bumps in the dried clothes.




Last night I was looking over into the neighbors yard and I just had to take a picture for you. When they wash whites the underwear and socks are stuck individually through the little diamonds in the fence. It's working for them so maybe you and Brad should just put up an ugly, chain link fence ;)

4 comments:

PEEPER said...

I love it! I'm heading straight to lowes to buy chain link fencing!

Lydia said...

Oh now that's great! You made my day. A chain link fense may be cheaper for us in the long run after all the work we've put into so far. That's perfect. :)

I'll be smiling about this for a long time.

Lydia said...

Aha! And to prevent the little rust and bump stains, we can just do what Brad does to the fence on his ball diamonds. They take something, I believe called tile, and cut a big long slit through the underside, put it on top of the pokies so the boys don't hurt themselves trying to catch a ball destined to be a home run. He's done that to mutiple fields so he's all practiced up.

Furthermore, he loves baseball diamonds and has dreams of our being mowed perfect as a ball diamond so he'd have no objection, I'm sure. :)

Joy said...

What might Jeff Foxworthy say about this?