Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day

My mom came last Thursday evening and left Tuesday afternoon. I had quite an ambitious list of things that I wanted to get done and I was optimistic enough to think that I might even help. I guess you can consider it my Mother's Day present because it was more than anyone could ask for. My mom worked and babysat tirelessly from the time she walked in the door until the time she left. My house is completely clean for the first time in months (Nate really was doing a good job keeping things picked up). I didn't take before and after pictures but you would be impressed if I had. I did keep the overwhelming "to do" list and I will print it here so that you can be amazed at all the things my mom accomplished.

To Do:
Organize clothes in our closet (I actually did this job)
Dust our bedroom
Sweep our bedroom
Mop our bedroom
Organize armoire
Clean out refrigerator/freezer
Sweep/mop wood floors in dining room and living room
Sweep/mop bathroom
Sweep/mop kitchen
Dust downstairs
Dust upstairs
Clean potty chair
Organize magazines (recycle or keep)
Organize and clean out computer armoire
Clean wall behind high chairs
Laundry
Sort/clean toys in playroom
Sort girls clothes (put away winter, sort sizes, bring out summer)
Clean upstairs bathroom
Clean basement (Nate did most of this)
Take pillows and comforters to laundry mat (I did this)
File papers and bills upstairs
Disinfect trash can

She did all these things (some more than once) and kept the girls entertained (engaging them in housework too). I guess it wasn't much of a Mother's Day present for her but I sure appreciated it. My house is so clean that I the girls aren't allowed off the couch and they cannot touch their toys - just kidding.

No comments: