Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A few quotes and a poem

Here are some semi-recent Violet quotes. I haven't done as good of job recording them lately (add that to my "am I a bad mom list").

Violet made up this little song on the way to the grocery store.
"Mommy, mommy I still love you even when you lose your patience. Mommy, mommy I still love you even when that baby makes you cry."

"Yuck! I just said yuck about Anara's breath."

"Oh sweetie, you're so tired." She said this to me when I was laying on the couch yawning.

"Anara was like, 'What?!?'"

"Mama, am I a big girl?" I responsed, "Yeah, Violet you are getting pretty big." "No, I don't want to be big I want to be little. Dear Jesus, please make me little again because I don't want to be a big girl I just want to be little again." I said,"Awww..." and Violet was annoyed by this interruption and said, "Mama, I want to pray to God and ask Him to make me little again and I don't want you to say 'aw' this time okay. Dear Jesus, please just help me to be little again because I don't want to be big.."

"This sodapop is so spicy and so poppy."

"Get away balloon. I want to watch this show. Are you going to watch this too? Mama, my balloon is watching TV with me."

Violet wanted to get rid of Anara and she said, "Hey Anara, can you go tickle mommy?"

Christina was saying, "What do you know Joe?" to Violet and Violet was getting upset. She said, "Don't call me Joe. You shouldn't tease me because I have this green balloon."

"'Wait Thomas!', she cried. 'We want to go with you.' So they went down the track." This was overheard while Vi was playing trains.

""When the baby comes out will your belly just break open?"

Grandma Angie had an appendectomy and Violet was talking to her on the phone after she came home from the hospital. "Did you get some new tubes and a band-aid?"

Our nephew, Guy 7y/o, is a pretty bright kid. He has always been a little wiser than his years and here is a recent example of this. Guy was not asked to write a poem... it was just something he wanted to do.

The Sun
By Guy Dallas Platter
Hot and blazing by the day,
Helps the planets stay in orbit,
Burns up anything that it swallows.
Nothing can survive its burning heat.
Someday it will stop its shining,
Burn up and fade away.
Cats love to bask in it.

1 comment:

Christina said...

What about this one - "I'm going to go make a birthday cake with frosting and it's going to be so tasty. It will have balloons and be so tasty and strawberry."
What a hoot she is!