Monday, April 02, 2007

"Baby Nawa sad Mama?"


Today I was making lunch and Violet asked me if Anara was sad. We hadn't been talking about Anara and I can't remember telling Violet that she might be sad. I wasn't sure how to answer the question. I just told her that we would bring Baby Nara home soon and hopefully she won't be sad. After this answer and praying for Anara, Violet seemed satisfied.

We haven't heard anything about Anara for a while, but I am sure she is fine. It would be great to have frequent pictures, but it isn't really possible. We will just cherish the 6 we have and wait for another week to meet her. Next week at this time, we should have her in our arms (tired as they may be). I think we have the option of keeping her with us that 1st day. We could potentially pick her up from the orphanage Monday morning and never have to return her. I think some families do this and some families take a day to recover - we haven't decided for sure, but I am leaning towards keeping her with us.

I haven't started packing yet. I am trying to sort everything in my brain, and I don't start really thinking about it until I lay down to go to sleep. Tonight I think I will sleep with a post-it and pen to write down my good ideas. Today I got some baby clothes out. Anara is only 15 lbs. and I just took a guess and took out a range of 6-12 mo. clothes. We are also "nesting". I am washing walls, windows, curtains, rugs, and organizing everything. Nate is doing things that we haven't taken the opportunity to do like putting home movies on DVD and fixing random things around the house

This weekend was great (except a mild stomach illness for Violet that caused puking and diarrhea). Nate had Friday off and we had promised Violet Thurs. before bed that we would go to the zoo. She was up off and on Thurs. night and woke up Fri. at 4am puking. She puked about every 20 min. until 7:00am. Then she really wanted to go to the zoo. We had an appointment to see the pulmonologist at Riley. After the MD appt. we went to the zoo. It wasn't the most fun trip, but it was fresh air and we kept our promise. We had a great Saturday relaxing and enjoying each other at home. Yesterday we celebrated Palm Sunday in our Easter clothes from last year. My mom made Violet's Easter dress last year and it still fit, and she wore it yesterday.
Okay, back to nesting.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I just can't stop thinking of you all this week. I know you have a millions things floating around in your minds. I hope that the knowledge that people are praying for you and thinking of you helps. You are not doing this alone.

Did I ever have a shock the other day when I realized that Violet is a month YOUNGER than Noah. If Noah said 1/2 the words that Violet says I'd be thrilled! It's fascinating to me how different kids of the same age can be!

Anonymous said...

I will be so relieved when you have her in your arms. Beth