Thursday, April 05, 2007

Almost Ready

Nina bought Violet and Anara matching dresses. Violet couldn't wait to wear her dress, but she wasn't quite sure what to do with the one for Baby Nawa. Here is a picture of her holding it up for the camera.


Yesterday, Violet and I ran around buying last minute gifts and travel necessities. We bought some little surprises to take to the missionaries we are visiting. I think we have everything we need, and now I just have to figure out how to fit everything in the suitcases without going over the weight limit.

We have prepped Violet as thoroughly as possible. I think she understands that we are leaving to go get a baby sister (not sure what she thinks a baby sister is) and she will stay with Meemaw. The goodbye will be much harder for us than for her. I am going to try really hard to be happy and excited and not to cry and make her scared or sad. We wanted to make her a little movie to see us, but we haven't done this yet.

Tonight will probably be busy packing and finalizing. I will try to post one more time before we leave tomorrow. But, if I don't, hopefully you will hear from us soon.

No comments: