Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Beenow


Violet has created our nickname for Anara. I think it is a quick Violet pronounciation of Baby Nawa. Right now B-girl and Beenow are looking at their reflections in our trash can. I got some pictures of them doing this yesterday. I also got some video of Violet trying to get Anara to make raspberry noises with her lip (see below).

Yesterday was full of visits. We are in the middle of a 1st Steps evaluation. 1st Steps provides early intervention therapies to help children with developmental delays. We are not sure whether Anara's delays will be significant enough for therapy, but if not, we can always find another way to help her. Anara was seen by a physical therapist, a developmental therapist, and a nutrionist. These visits were very helpful and we already have a few ideas.

Anara has had diahrrea since we arrived home. Yesterday the nutrionist recommended that I give her cereal at each feeding. If this does not help, we will be visiting Dr. Jim again. Her bladder seems to be looking better, but last night there was blood in her diaper and I wasn't sure where it was from. I will call today and let the MD know. We see the Pediatric Urologist tomorrow, and I will be relieved to make a plan for her surgery. We will also have an MD specializing in International Adoption and a Developmental Pediatrician following Anara.


Violet seems to be doing well with Anara. She still struggles with sharing, but this is normal and I would expect her to be a little upset by the fact that all of "her" things are now to be shared. She is going through a big "mine" phase. We worked with her before we left and now she is quick to respond as follows: if Violet says, "Mine" and I ask her, "Who's is it really?" she will say, "God's - He just lets me play with it." I don't think she can understand what she is saying, but it would be great for her to grow up with the idea that all things are God's.

Yesterday was Nate's first day back at work, and Violet had a bit of a rough time. I am hoping it was partly because she hasn't been sleeping well. Today has been a little better. I think we will have ups and downs, but thankfully I feel somewhat prepared to deal with it.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I enjoy reading the updates. I've been wondering about some of the things you addressed today. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you posted video! I loved it! More more! I want more! I'm anxious to hear about the doctor's visit today. Praying for you all!