Friday, November 23, 2007

Finally a grownup

We hosted our 1st Thanksgiving meal yesterday and I feel that I have finally transitioned into adulthood. Actually, it probably wasn't official since I didn't prepare the dinner or cook the turkey. Since Anara can't be transported, Nate's family brought Thanksgiving to us. We squeezed around our dining room table in our smallish house and enjoyed a feast together while Anara sang and talked from the crib right next to the table. The girls really enjoyed the company and Anara loved being entertained by grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

I forgot to post the other day after Anara's MD appt. All our visits went well and everyone thinks she is doing great. The morning after the appt. (Wed) we woke up to Anara's stents disconnected and her Monti tube pulled out of her stoma - someone had busy hands during the night. We called her urologist and ended up taking another ambulance ride to Riley to have things put back together.

Sleep has definitely been the biggest challenge since coming home but we are managing well. It was easier at the hospital when the expectation was no sleep and I was in a constant state of alert. Every other night I was relieved and able to come home and sleep peacefully. Peaceful sleep is not to be had right now because Anara is not able to sleep. She wakes up anywhere from 5 - 11 times during the night and you have to check her because there could be so many different causes (tubes disconnected resulting in wet bed, tubes occluded, gas, spasms, hunger, fear, or nothing). Some nights are better than others and Nate and I try to take turns checking things out. Only two more weeks!

We didn't get any great pictures yesterday, but you get the idea...

Anara helping out with Thanksgiving preparations

Uncle Jon, Aunt Rachel, Cousin Noble, and Violet

Noble close-up

Vi stole time with the Bionicles while Guy was distracted with Nintendo

Anara at the center of festivities

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first Thanksgiving! It looks like you had a great time with family.
Shelley V.

Anonymous said...

I am still not a real adult I have not made the dinner or hosted it yet! Good for you!
I just love that Anara just hangs out on the coffee table! Do what works right! I hope the next few weeks go by fast!

Ali Renee® said...

Awesome pix!
BTW: This is Ali. Ya know? Ur mommy's neighbor.
I have a blog now. Check it out if you want.
L8R!

Carma said...

I met Guy and Noble yesterday at Nathan's "Suprise" birthday party. Guy is hilarious and Noble is adorable. I can't imagine the odd things that are said between those two and Violet at family gatherings.

Danielle said...

Good to hear that Anara is doing better and things are looking good. That is always a good feeling! Check out my blog and find out what happened over this holiday!!