Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Wires and tubes and metal! Oh my!

I am trying to use today to get things prepared and all my ducks in a row to go home. We will probably be here a few more days but I want to make sure I am totally ready. I know the G-tube will be a piece of cake after a while, but I still don't get feeding calculations and such. I have been annoying nurses, doctors and home care people trying to get all medications, tubes, and schedules figured out - it feels like a lot of stuff to keep track of and I am very thankful it's mostly temporary.

We will have been in the hospital 3 weeks on Thursday and it seems like we checked in forever ago. Some of these families have been here months and others years. Every day I am thankful that we have an end in sight and that we are going home healthy. I can't imagine having to deal with a child with a terminal illness or a dehabilitating condition, but these families are amazing and they make it through.

Okay, time to flush some tubes.

3 comments:

sarah, rsm said...

Amanda and Nathan,

Your Blog is a beautiful illustration of the face of God in our world. The gift of Life that you have given to little Anara by inviting her into your lives is sacred, and God will help you carry her forth to continue the journey at home. I pray you may be able to feel the loving Energy I send you from afar.

Abundant Blessings to you and yours,
sr. sarah, rsm

Christina said...

Chin up dear friend. I am praying that the Lord will bless you with peaceful rest. Just know that someone halfway around the world is praying for you and loves you all very much.

Danielle said...

I am so glad that you guys get to home soon. I know that feeling of wanting to go and then when you do it is so stressful for a bit since you have these new wires and tubes and a different routine. Don't think that you are the only one that has annoyed nurses and doctors...I did the exact same thing...they are used to it trust me! If you need anything when you get home, send me a shout and I will do what I can to help!

love you Mandy,
Danielle