Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Almost Christmas...almost cookies...


This morning Violet had a desire to bake some cookies. We haven't baked cookies since coming home from the hospital and although I really didn't care to dirty the kitchen, I remembered a gift we received and thought it was time to employ it. We embarked on the tear apart sugar cookie gift, and after Violet adjusted to the fact that there was nothing to stir, she enjoyed tearing the dough on the perforated edges. She wasn't satisfied with just tearing the dough and putting the squares on the cookie sheet so she suggested we make some changes. "Mama, let's put some chocolate chips on them." I got her a bag of chocolate chips and she started adding them to the dough squares. After a few minutes of adding chocolate chips and mashing the dough, she decided that we needed some red hots. In the meantime, I decided that my pan of squares needed something more too. I got one of Anara's new syringes and melted some peanut butter. I sucked the peanut butter into the syringe and filled the insides of my pan of cookies. I probably won't be able to use that syringe to irrigate Anara but it's okay because we have plenty.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

The last picture of Violet looks like Nate. I think that's the first time I've really "seen" Nate when looking at Violet. Maybe it's because she's sporting the infamous Hubartt stare.

Chris and Jen said...

Looks like fun! Why measure and mix when you can just tear apart little pre-made dough balls! Whoever started marketing those was a genius. GOtta go...I hear the toilet flushing repeatedly which means Alina is stuffing it with an entire box of Kleenex again.