Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gettin' off the juice, 'roids, Arnies, junk or whatever you want to call it

Okay, I know they aren't the same thing but it wouldn't be as much fun to say, "Gettin' off the corticosteroids".

I mentioned yesterday that Violet was put on Prednisone again (hopefully for the last time in her life). She is an absolute wreck. It is 30mg of pure madness. Her personality has totally changed and she is a poor, helpless, little monster. She has very little impulse control (even less than her normal toddlerness) and she cries about everything. I know that some families have to deal with mind and behavior altering drugs on a regular basis and I just can't imagine. I feel badly for her because she recognizes that she is out of control, but there still has to be an expectation of appropriate behavior. Just a day or two more...

Anara, on the other hand, is doing great. As long as I set the oven timer to remind myself to catheterize her on time things will be okay. A couple times I haven't set the timer for myself and then panicked when I remembered to look at the clock. Thankfully I haven't missed the mark by more than 15 min. but that could make a big difference considering we aren't moving to a 2 hour schedule until next month. Next week Anara will have a Mag 3 renal ultrasound to check out her kidney function and make sure there is no more reflux.

I know I know - 3 posts in two days - don't worry it probably won't happen again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've been away from this blog too long! You all have made TREMENDOUS progress! Praying that once Violet finishes the 'roids, she'll get back to normal very quickly.

Watching Anara crawl, I can see all kinds of adventures ahead for those two!

Shelley V.

TPQ said...

Jacob saw corticosteroids as I was reading and said "aww man, why does she need those" He feels her pain.

Praying that Vi gets better soon and that you remember the timer for Anara as you should :)