Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I will never do that again Mama - I promise"

This is what Violet said when I caught her sneaking licks of the gingerbread house last night. I looked at the dining room table and saw a little hand reaching up to scratch frosting off the gingerbread centerpiece. It was too cute to really punish her especially after the "promise". I'm not really sure where she came up with "...never do that again...promise" but she sure is using it lightly. The gingerbread centerpiece is kind of like the tree in the garden and just another reminder of Violet's humanness. If it were a bowl of chocolates it would be a reminder of my humanness.

Below are some pictures of Violet's temptation. It certainly is a sight to behold.







This morning we awoke to a beautiful snow (as did the rest of the state) and we decided to let the girls open the presents from Nate and I. Violet got Chutes and Ladders and Anara got Brown Bear colorforms. It really wasn't too exciting but we captured the moment.


Yet another reminder of our humanness...

1 comment:

sarah, rsm said...

And what Heavenly-adoreable little Angels they are! I hope you are as proud of yourselves as parents as you are of them cuz you need to be! May your Holidays be abundantly Blessed ...

sarah, rsm