Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dec 21st through now...





Anara's nuclear medicine scan (the 21st) went great and her kidneys look fine. We have been spending time with family and friends for the holidays. Our rounds should have been complete today with a trip to see Nate's extended family but both girls are coughing and have runny noses. Colds aren't just normal colds in our house. Anara does great with them (little bit of coughing, runny nose, couple fevers and it's gone), but Violet is a different story. She coughs non-stop and this is why we ended up with steroids just a few weeks ago. I hope she outgrows this but until then the sound of the nebulizer will be ringing in our ears.

Tomorrow Nate and I are taking a train to Chicago. We are staying one night and then bringing the train back. This was my Christmas surprise and I am pretty excited (except for the sick kids part). This will be my 1st time away from Anara (for more than a few hours) since surgery and we could use the break.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for the update! Have fun in Chicago! See you when you get back.

Laura S Scott said...

Are the 3 guys really sleeping or did they pose?

Lydia said...

I wondered if it was a posed nap as well...

Must say it was nice to talk with you live today! You make me laugh (in a good way!). It was great.

I'm so envious of your fire in the fire place. Brad's not a fan of fire so our just sits fire-less. Plus it'd be a lot of work to get it fire ready. I'd have to find a chimney sweep and all. I bet JoyLynne's humming a little "chim-chimney, chim-chimney, chim chim cheree..." at the mere suggestion. She claims to be just like Mary Poppins you know. "Practically perfect in every way."

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

It's been a while since I've had a chance to visit your blog, so I've had some catching up to do. I will certainly pray for Baby M - for God to be merciful to her, and for her suffering not to be "wasted" but to be used somehow as a part of furthering His kingdom. Thank you for sharing her story.

Great pictures of Violet and Anara!

Shelley V.