Thursday, April 23, 2009

Twinkle feeding the kids

I have been trying to get a video of this. Every time I go outside, mama flies away without feeding the chicks. I decided to wait inside and video through the door - it worked. I think this is pretty cool. It's nothing you haven't seen on a nature show, but it's more exciting to watch on your front porch. The dad comes first and feeds the birds and then takes a couple white things back (I have no idea what that is). Then the mama bird feeds them and gets back on the nest. If anyone knows or finds out exactly what is happening, I am curious.

5 comments:

Erica said...

That's so cool!

PEEPER said...

Very cool. I especially liked the cartoon in the background...haha!

Ok, so it was really intriguing me what exactly they were doing, so I did some internet exploring: that white thing is a fecal sac...yum...it's poop!! for more information go to:

http://www.scienceray.com/Technology/Information/Recycling-Robins.410609

PEEPER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PEEPER said...

sorry, that deleted comment was from me. i can't seem to get the url to copy correctly. Let me try typing it:

www.scienceray.com/technology/information/recycling-robins.410609

Joy said...

Kinda makes you not feel so bad to have to change diapers huh?